How sharp are you? (The faster. The better)
Task: try to answer the questions as quickly as possible.
1. 1) Being very tired, a child went to bed at 7:00 o`clock at night. The child had a morning piano lesson, and therefore set the alarm clock to ring at 8:45. How many hours and minutes of sleep could the child get?
2. 2) Some months (like October) have 31 days. Only February has precisely 28 days (except in a leap year). How many months have 30 days?
3. 3) A farmer had 18 goats, and all but 7 died. How many were left?
4. 4) Divide 50 by 1/3 and add 7. What is the answer?
5. 5) What is the minimum number of active baseball players on the playing field during any part of an inning? Maximum?
6. 6) What four words appear on every denomination of U.S currency?
7. 7) If a physician gave you five pills and told you to take 1 every half-hour, how long would supply last?
8. 8) If you had only one match and entered a cold, dimly-lit room where there was a kerosene lamp, an oil heater, and a wood-burning stove, which would you light 1st?
9. 9) Two women play checkers. They play five games without a draw game and each woman wins the same number of games. How can this be?
10. 10) What word is misspelled in this test?